Why did I choose Rheumatology as my subspeciality?
I was a General Physician for almost 4 years before I decided to do my subspeciality. My interest has always been in general medicine but unfortunately, the trend now is for everyone to go for subspeciality training for better prospects in the future.
I chose rheumatology as it fascinates me. It is the only subspeciality that looks at a person as a person! We don’t look at any particular organs but everything. Rheumatological diseases are systemic diseases that are multi-organ in nature. Even though I hated immunology as a medical student but rheumatology really excites me.
In this page I may add important informations about the field of Rheumatology and abstracts of my publications in local and international journals.
This page has the following sub pages.
- My Publications
- 1st SLE Public Forum in Johor
- What is SLE?
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE): A Guide for Patients
- The Kidney in SLE
- Pregnancy in SLE
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Medications for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Scleroderma/Systemic Sclerosis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- 2nd SLE Public Forum in Johor
- Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis of Hip Joint
- Johor Rheumatology Update 2011 : 23/10/2011
- SLE Public Forum 2012 Johor
- Johor SLE Public Forum 04/03/2012