On this auspicious Tamil New Year 2016, after almost 6 months of writing and another 4 months of publishing process, finally my first book is out! I started to compile my articles into a book in June 2015 and completed it in November 2015 before sending it to publisher (Snappars Publishing). It took another 4 months of editing, proof reading and type setting before it was finally printed. The book will be officially available from 15/04/2016 (only online at the moment).You can also visit http://www.hardtruthsofbeingadoctor.com if you wish to buy using credit card/pay pal.
These books are meant for budding doctors, parents, medical students and even junior doctors. Despite all the articles in this blog, I keep being asked the same questions repeatedly. Thus I thought of compiling everything into a book. Unfortunately, due to high volume of the book, it has to be divided into 2 books of about 250 pages each. Foreword is written by A/Prof Wong Yin Onn from Monash Malaysia. Here are the titles:
Please be informed that there are many updated information in these books compared to some of my old articles. Information about income, salary, post-graduate educations etc have been updated. There are 5 chapters in Book 1 and 4 chapters in Book 2 with the following titles:
- General Misconception of Being a Doctor
- General Information for budding doctors
- Malaysian Healthcare system for Dummies
- Housemanship, Medical Officer and Post Graduate Education in Malaysia
- Employment and Job Opportunities
- Post Graduate Training
- Income of Doctors
- The Doctor’s Dilemma
At the moment, these books will be sold as a set of 2 books , only via this blog and my Facebook.
This is how you can order your copy:
- Make a payment of RM 120 (including postage for within Malaysia) to CIMB Bank Account No: 8006158099 (Pagalavan Letchumanan)
- Send your Bank-In Slip to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address/particulars
- Bulk mailing will be done on weekly basis (likely on every Friday)
- Courier tracking number and invoice will be sent to you via email after it has been mailed.
- An Invoice will be provided for Tax purposes
- For those who are ordering from overseas, please email me first as I need to check on courier charges.
Hope everyone will enjoy reading this, one of its kind book in Malaysia……………