I came across the info below in one of the medical student’s blog (http://www.facebook.com/TheAvicennaProject). It seems the info was given to them when our MOH warlords met some of the medical students in UK. I think MOH should spend more time cleaning up their mess locally with oversupply and underqualified doctors.
Firstly, let me clarify that there are some mistakes in the info provided. No doubt that the new salary scheme that will be introduced soon (SBPA) will increase the basic salary of all government servants. This type of review will occur every 10 years. However I notice from the SPA website: http://www.spa.gov.my/Portal/Deskripsi_Tugas_SBPA/Ijazah/1604 that the starting salary for Housemen ( if you do get a job) will be RM 2460 and not RM 26++ as mentioned. After adding all the allowances, the total will be RM 4660. After minus EPF(11%) and PCB (Tax), your take home salary will be around RM 3900. Your COLA allowance can vary between RM 150 and RM 300, depending on your location.
The time based promotion was announced in 2010 when SSM was in place. When SBPA was announced, there was no mention whether the same scenario will apply. I say this because the teachers had a totally separate circular when SBPA was announced where the time based promotion was clearly mentioned but this was not the case for doctors. NO separate circular was issued: http://www.jpa.gov.my/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=137. Assuming the time based promotion is still applicable, you will reach U54 ( U1-6) after 12 years of service as a medical officer and 9 years of service as a specialist.
The assumption below that the salary for U54 MO will be RM 12000, is incorrect. Under SBPA, the starting salary for U54 (U1-6) is RM 7110 with Housing allowance of 900, entertainment allowance 800, COLA 300, critical allowance 750 which makes a total of RM 9860 before EPF and PCB deduction. If you are a specialist, the specialist allowance will be RM 2800. So, you will never get RM 12000 after 12 years of service as a MO. Your take home will be around RM 8200 for MO.
One info that surprised me is about Master’s application. It is mentioned that you can apply for Masters only after 5 years of service ( 2 years HO and 3 years MO). Well, I presume with the limited number of post ( 800-1000) per year and glut of doctors that are being produced, this is very likely to happen. That is what I have been saying all this while ( over the past 2 years) where only 10% of the doctors are going to get a post for postgraduate training.
After SBPA was announced, JPA did mention that the allowances will also be reviewed and many may be removed or adjusted. I have a strong feeling that some of the allowances will be removed. As for doctors, the critical allowance will be removed once all the posts are filled as what they did with the “on-call” allowance for housemen.
I was told recently that MOs are being sent to Klinik 1Malaysia now as I predicted a year ago. This is because most of the post in klinik kesihatan in major states are also becoming full. In Johor, all district hospitals MO post are full! I wonder what is going to happen in 3-5 years time when all our grandiose medical schools begin to produce graduates at maximum capacity?? you still think doctors cannot be jobless?
The recent jobless nurses scenario is a clear example. MOH has sent a circular to all private hospitals asking them to provide data on how many nurses they are employing and how many fresh graduates they have taken!! As I told you : ” Foot in the Mouth” syndrome…………………….. We have seen nursing graduates with no credit in Maths and Science in SPM!! WTH……………… it’s all about money, in the name of education hub…………………..
Datuk Dr Norhisham Abdullah – Ketua Penolong Pengarah (sth sth)
Wakil Talent Corp: Pn Shereen
Wakil JPA: Encik Amran
Students: Medic /dentistry/pharmacy students in UK
- Hospital baru yang bakal dibina/sedang dibina
- Shah Alam
- Parit buntar,
- perak tengah,
- national cancer institute,
- cataract centre
- 2. Gaji
- System gaji dalam proses transisi dari SSM (skim saran Malaysia) kepada SPBA (system saran baru perkhidmatan awam
- SSM (dulu) : gaji pokok UD41 ( taxable plus minus 18%) = RM 2458, maksimum RM 5317
- SPBA (sekarang): RM 26xx maksimum RM 6755
- Gaji di atas tak termasuk allowance lain;
a) Servis: RM 300
b) Rumah: RM 250
c) COLA: Rm 300
d) Critical service: RM 750
e) Hardship posting ( pedalaman ) : + 10% from basic , regional (borneo): =17.5% frm basic
f) Oncall (fixed): RM 600
** allowance ini bertambah bila naik gred tangga gaji/specialist etc.
** BENEFITS: FREE MEDICAL SERVICE FOR PARENTS, SPOUSE & CHILDREN , PENSION AFTER 30 YR OF SERVICE; 60% OF FINAL SALARY, ANNUAL LEAVE; 25 DAYS, MATERNITY LEAVE: LADIES 90 DAYS, GENTS 7 DAYS. ELAUN PENGKEBUMIAN-RM 3000 (JIKA MATI- KIRA FAMILY LAA DAPAT, DUIT TAK BOLEH MASUK KUBUR) NB!!- BENEFITS MAKIN BANYAK BILA GRED NAIK.
- Now, its time-based promotion, regardless of your performance, as long as you don’t have any disciplinary problems etc, you will be promoted according to how long you have served. ( macam GURU)
- Selepas 2 tahun perkhidmatan- gred akan naik kepada UD44 (gaji naik ~RM 1000)
- 3 tahun kemudiannya- gred UD8 ( tambah lagi ~ RM 1000)
- 4 tahun kemudiannya- gred UD 52
- 3 tahun kemudiannya- gred UD 54
( makanya, kerja dalam 12 tahun, kasar dapat dalam RM 12 000 termasuk elaun; kalau jadi specialist tinggi lagi laaa kot ^^ )
- 4. Posting houseman
- Selepas mtamat pengajian, lapor diri pada penaja, SPA dan pre-reg dengan MMC . Pre-reg sah untuk 3 tahun/
- 6 postings wajib ( medicine, ortho, surgery, O&G, Paeds, AND anaesth OR A&E(posting akhir) )
- Satu posting lebih kurang 4 bulan, posting ke-5 jika lulus semuanya boleh mula mendaftar untuk full registration dari MMC.
- Sebelum setiap posting ada 2/52 of tagging, dan untuk computerized hospital seperti selayang plus 1/52 of tagging untuk ICT training.
- Sekiranya bermasalah dengan kemahiran dll, masa posting akan dilanjutkan kepada 3 bulan lagi. Maksimum postings boleh kena extension- 3 ( kalau tak silap, sebelum di pertimbangkan untuk dilucut jawatan )
- Masa lanjutan posting yang kali ketiga akan dilakukan di hospital lain.
- 5. Sambung belajar.
- Permohonan boleh dibuat setelah 5 tahun ( 2 tahun HO + 3 tahun MO)
- Masters- 4 years program
- Secara kasar, dalam setahun ada 800 tempat kosong ( keberangkalian 1/10)
- Sekiranya, anda ditempatkan di Borneo dalam masa 5 tahun pertama, peluang anda semakin cerah.
7. Shift system
- 8am-5pm: this is the prime time when teaching etc takes place, so, as much as possible they want everyone to be around during these hours.
- The 1st shift: 5pm-12am. Kiranya continue from the day 8am until 12 am, pass over to the shift and off you go. 8 am tomorrow datang balik kerja.
- The 2nd shift or “graveyard shift”: 12am-8am. Receive handover sampai pagi . Passover tapi kena stay dekat hospital sampai pukul 2pm baru boleh balik.